[Samba] file/folder delete problem

Jamie Pratt jamie at nucdc.org
Mon Apr 8 09:06:02 GMT 2002

Hello - I'm having a problem with deletion of folders/files on a samba server-

background info:

RH 7.2 patched to current, custom linus kernel v 2.4.16, compiled samba 2.2.3a from source -

Problem is using NT/2000 client - Client can create files/directories, but when trying to delete a directory, gets access denied errors, and the folder wont delete (but the files inside do?!!) -  If the client copies a directory to the share, all is good and he can delete it all - files as well as subdirs -  Seems to be only happening on directories the user has created - if he disconnects from the share, then reconnects - he can delete the files he couldnt before?  ...strange!

any ideas, or am I missing something small??  (File perms on /usr/share are correct, I can create/edit/delete files there)
 drwxrwsr-x    2 jamie jamie         4096 Apr  8 11:18 .

...following is my smb.conf --->

TIA, and regards,

jamie

[global]