[Samba] Roaming Profiles

Beau Sapach beau at fourier.bme.med.ualberta.ca
Mon Apr 8 08:13:02 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I'm running Samba 2.2.2 on Solaris 8 (installed via packages from sunfreeware)
as a primary domain controller for a small domain of windows NT 4.0
workstations.  Logging on to the domain works fine from the workstations but I
get an error saying that it couldn't download my profile from the server.  I
don't want to use roaming profiles so I attempted to disable them by setting
logon path and logon home to null in my smb.conf file. I beleive this is the
correct way of disabling profiles, please let me know if I'm wrong.  Anyway,
once this is done when I try to logon to the domain I get an error saying that
the primary domain controller couldn't be located.  Does anyone know how to fix
this?  I don't want profiles, but obviously I do need the PDC to work
properly....  THANKS!

Beau

Here is what my GLOBAL section in smb.conf looks like:

        client code page = 437
	netbios name = Samba_PDC
	workgroup = SambaDomain
	domain logons = yes
	server string = PDC
	interfaces = 192.168.100.5/25
	status = yes
	browseable = yes
	lock directory = /usr/local/samba/var/locks
	log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
	null passwords = no
	wins support = yes
	name resolve order = lmhosts hosts bcast
	os level = 65
	dns proxy = yes
	local master = yes
	preferred master = yes
	domain master = yes
	getwd cache = yes
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY
	keep alive = 60
	dead time = 30
	locking = yes
	map hidden = yes
	map archive = yes
	map system = yes
	security = user
	encrypt passwords = yes
	unix password sync = yes
	passwd chat = "*new*password* %n\n *new*password* %n\n *changed*"
	passwd program = /usr/bin/yppasswd %u
	follow symlinks = yes
	logon path =
	logon home =

Also, to be thorough, here is my netlogon section:

	comment = "Windows Domain Netlogon"
	path = /export/samba/logon
	public = no
	writeable = no