[Samba] Roaming Profiles

Vijendra Agarwal mail_listin at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 8 03:42:02 GMT 2002

Hi

I migrated all users and groups from NT machine to Linux machine and I made Samba server as PDC.I also copied user's profiles from NT machine to Linux machine. When any user conects from NT workstation to Samba server, client is not allowed to change the wall paper etc.. it gives me the error like "Windows can't display the wallpaper,choose another"

 But when we create the user (not programmatically) and when the user firsts login from client machine,it automatically creates profile directory in  the home directory of user and now the user is allowed to change the settings like wallpaper.

I want to know how to solve the above problem?

thanks in advance.

viju.