[Samba] RE: Samba w/ winbindd

Blanchard, Michael MBlanchard at grandaire.com
Sun Apr 7 17:31:32 GMT 2002

Easiest way I found was to edit /etc/pam.d/system-auth which will add it
to everything.
Add:
Auth	sufficient /lib/security/pam_winbind.so (I had it be the second
one listed after pam_env
Then add "use_first_pass" (no quotes) on the end of the pam_unix line
(otherwise it prompts 3 times for password)
Add:
Account	required	/lib/security/pam_winbind.so (I added after
pam_unix)

This one is the trick, only need it if you're going to have people
logging into unix with their windows account:
ADD:
Session	required	/lib/security/pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel
umask=022

It still gives a "too many parameters" error when you login, but it does
work, I just haven't had enough motivation to figure out what causes
that error.  Also make sure and make a directory in your /home named the
same as your domain, otherwise it can't create the user directories and
will pop an error when you try to login with a windows account.