[Samba] Problem with guest accounts

Giovanni Moser Frainer moser at brturbo.com
Sun Apr 7 17:24:01 GMT 2002

Hi everyone!

I'm using the lastest samba release and i have a big problem setting the guest account.

What i want to do:
- Guest account - RO
- Samba Group - RW

[SNIP OF SMB.CONF]

[global]

   workgroup = DOTFUN
   server string = Servidor
   hosts allow = 192.168.0. 127.

#  guest account = nobody
  log file = /var/log/samba.%m
  max log size = 50
  security = user
  interfaces = 192.168.0.0/24

[public]
   comment = Publico
   path = /mnt/FileSharing/Root
   public = yes
   writable = yes
   printable = no
   write list = @samba

[/SNIP]

So, i can login with Samba user and write, its OK, but the guest login didnt work.

The windows is patched with the reg file for plain passwords.

I tryed to use the security = share (the normal way), but with this the login with the users :samba didnt work, aways log as guest.

I'm getting crazy about this problem, i had built a lot of samba servers and i never had a problem like this one.

Thanks for the attention

With best Regards

---
Giovanni Moser Frainer