[Samba] MS CIFS licensing - should we worry?

Thomas.Cameron at CameronTech.com Thomas.Cameron at CameronTech.com
Sat Apr 6 23:11:02 GMT 2002

All -

I have been using Samba since late 1996, and I owe a debt of gratitude
to Tridge, Jeremy, and all the rest of the amazing crew who have
contributed.

The note on Slashdot about Microsoft forbidding anyone releasing a CIFS
workalike scares me - a lot.  Does this put Samba in jeopardy?

I've looked through the archive, and I've seen nothing on this topic.
If this has already been answered, please forgive me.  I must not have
looked for the right subject lines.

Thanks,
Thomas