[Samba] bug in pdbedit ??

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Sat Apr 6 17:53:02 GMT 2002

Jens Zechlin wrote:

> Hi everybody
> I've tried to setup Samba 2.2.3 + OpenLDAP as a PDC for Win2000. While
> adding a machine-account for one workstation with pdbedit -a -m -u
> <wks-name>$ I get the following errormessage:
>
> norge:/etc/openldap # pdbedit -a -m -u jzwork3$
> pdb_getsampwuid: getpwuid(60000) return NULL. User does not exist in
> Unix accounts! username:       jzwork3$

In 2.2 I think you are much better to stick to smbpasswd - pdbedit (and
the passdb subsystem beneth it) has had a lot of fixes/updates/new
features in HEAD.  What you are seeing is an early implementation of the
'machine accounts not in /etc/passwd' idea that HEAD implements
(properly) as 'non unix accounts'.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org