[Samba] Multiple server names on one machine

Beckett, Martin martin.beckett at adaptive-screening.com
Fri Apr 5 06:00:03 GMT 2002

This e-mail is subject to the disclaimer set out below.

I want to have a single samba server with file shares under multiple server
names.

eg:   	\\fileserver\share
	\\appserver\\share
	\\backup\\share

All being the same physical machine, the idea being that as the system
expands these can be moved
onto separate machines as demand increases without having to change all the
clients.

I can't find any information about setting multiple netbios names in samba.

( I suppose I could associate different IP addresses with the same network
card on a single machine and run a
separate copy of samba for each IP address. )

   Thanks

	Martin

martin.beckett at adaptive-screening.com

you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy or
forward this transmission.  Please return the message to the sender by
replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.  The Generics
Group provides e-mail services for both itself and a number of its
independent spin-out companies.  The Generics Group shall not be held liable
to any person resulting from the use of any information contained in this
e-mail and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do
anything in reliance upon it. The Generics Group does not accept
responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.