[Samba] Administrator problems

Antony Healey antony at cit.uws.edu.au
Thu Apr 4 21:28:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm suffering some confusion over how to map the W2k Administrator (user/group) into Unix.

We have a samba share which is to store programs (such as MS Project), and while some programs install fine, others do not (MS Project being such).

I'm using both "admin users =" and a "username map" entry which should be mapping "Administrator" to "root".

We keep getting an error of this:    "open_directory: unable to stat name"

When installing using the same client machine to an NT file server it works fine. All we can figure is that there's some conflict over who/when/where it thinks "Administrator" has permission.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Regards,
Antony.
-----