[Samba] SAMBA Question

chip.wiegand at simrad.com chip.wiegand at simrad.com
Thu Apr 4 12:26:03 GMT 2002

samba-admin at lists.samba.org wrote on 04/04/2002 12:02:52 PM:

> Don't know much about domains, just workgroups, but crossnet browsing
> is covered in an faq someone. A WINS server solved my (crossnet)
browsing
> problems.
>
> Joel
> On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 02:56:11PM -0500, Gary.Siao at bmo.com wrote:
> > Greetings !
> >
> > I am setting up a SAMBA file server and I can't seem to browse my UNIX
> > samba fileserver on the Windows Domain... Will SAMBA work if the
client and
> > server are on a different subnet ??? Should client & server be on the
same
> > subnet or can it be different ???
> >
> > Thanks !
> > Gary

I have two freebsd machines running samba on an NT network, and they are
accessible through network neighborhood to all the NT boxes. I can read
and write to the bsd boxes from NT and to the NT boxes from the bsd boxes.
I set them up on the domain, same subnet. Don't know if it will work if
they are on differant subnets.

--
Chip