[Samba] Samba-LDAP-PDC Howto

Mark Bulson bulsonmc at musc.edu
Thu Apr 4 09:05:02 GMT 2002

Can someone point me to a good Samba-LDAP-PDC Howto.  I've been trying
for days to use the howto from www.idealx.org with no success.
I keep getting tons of build errors when I try to rebuild the
samba-2.2.3a-4 rpm with ldapsam, acl-support, profile, and
disable-static.
(didn't even see profile, or disable-static on the config options, nor
do I think I can use acl-support without XFS)

Here's what I have: RH7.2- 2.4.17 (ext3), Latest OpenLdap-2.0.23.src.rpm
and latest Samba-2.2.3a-4.src.rpm along with the latest NSS_ldap-184...

OK, I don't think it's the instructions, just the user trying to install
it (me) but if anyone has run into similar problems, I'd love to hear
the potential solutions.  I'm not 'real' new to linux, but I don't have
a lot of experience configuring and reconfiguring source and rpms.

Thanks for your time and any help you can give!

-Mark Bulson