[Samba] Shutdown of nmbd process in SAMBA 2.2.3a

Drew.Zeller at statcan.ca Drew.Zeller at statcan.ca
Thu Apr 4 06:57:04 GMT 2002

Hi,

I am running SAMBA 2.2.3a on HP-UX 11.00.

Last night the network switch that my SAMBA servers is on was rebooted.  At
this same time the nmbd process on all my servers shutdown down.

In the /usr/local/samba/var/nmbd.log file on all my servers I found this
message :

[2002/04/03 20:39:28, 0] nmbd/nmbd.c:(259)
  reload_interfaces: No subnets to listen to. Shutting down...

Anyone have any ideas why the nmbd would shutdown when the network
connection was lost?  Is there a parameter that I can change for this?