[Samba] PDC: Suddenly profiles are no longer retrievable

Martin Thomas mthomas at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Thu Apr 4 06:44:03 GMT 2002

1) Try to delete the locally cached profiles
on the clients. Do a backup first, since
sometimes user-data is not stored in the roaming
profil (have seen it in MS Outlook).

2)There also might be a problem with the pdc-sid.
(Is the login-script running?)
Try to rejoin one of the clients to the domain and
check if profiles are downloaded during login
If this works, locate the file MACHINE.SID
and compare it with one from your older backups. If they are
not identical, overwrite the MACHINE.SID with
the old one. Restart Samba an try logging in again.

3)You can try "nt acl support = no" for the profile
share in the smb.conf.

4)update to samba 2.2.3a

I don't think the error messages are related to your
problem, since I find them in the log-files here too,
but profile download works.

Martin

---
Dipl.-Ing. Martin THOMAS
University of Kaiserslautern, Institute of Environmental Engineering,
Kaiserslautern (ZIP 67663), Germany