[Samba] Error: session request to *SMBSERVER failed (Not list ening for ca lling name)

Mack, Daemian DMack at Tickets.com
Thu Apr 4 06:39:03 GMT 2002

> This is an old question.
> Here is the FAQ answer:
>
> Not listening for calling name

Unfortunately, this doesn't really tell me anything I didn't already know.

The question is, I think: what is wrong with the way I'm specifying the
"hosts allow" option?

It's particularly frustrating because it worked the other day at the client
site: I allowed Box A but not Box B.  Then I confirmed that Box A could
connect, and that Box B could not.  Then allowed Box B as well, and
confirmed that it could then connect.  Then I disallowed Box B, and it again
could not connect.

However, when I tried it again yesterday, it no longer worked.

In any case, thanks for the response -- and for the reminder that the FAQ
should have been checked first.

Daemian Mack