[Samba] User problems with Samba 2.2.3

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Thu Apr 4 06:33:02 GMT 2002

On Wed, 2002-04-03 at 21:43, Brian Whitehead wrote:
> You should be able to add the domain user account (that is on the Samba
> server) into a local group that has the permissions that you want.  On a
> Win2K client there is a 'Power Users' group that would do what you want.  On
> NT you can create a similar account.

I've been trying to figure out this problem too - I want some users to
be "Power Users" but I'd have to change every desktop machine to add all
the desired domain users to the local power users group.  Not practical
- think about adding a new user.

Instead I want to make a domain group of power users and give that
domain group local permissions.  I'm still working on the
ldap+samba3alpha stuff so i can make a new domain group.
I don't think there is any way to solve this problem with samba 2.2.
Somebody please tell me I'm wrong ;)

brad