[Samba] PDC: Suddenly profiles are no longer retrievable

Stephan M. Ott smo at okdesign.de
Wed Apr 3 22:48:06 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm running Samba 2.2.2 as a PDC for a small network of Windows2000-PCs.
Some days ago users reported that they couldn't logon to the domain
successfully. When trying by myself, I found that the logon itself works, but
that clients cannot receive their profiles from the server. Windows tells "no
permission". So I checked the access-rights of the profiles - all are correct.
When checking the logfiles I found the same errormessage for each
logon-attempt:

[2002/03/29 09:37:14, 0] rpc_server/srv_netlog.c:api_net_sam_logon(208)
 api_net_sam_logon: Failed to marshall NET_R_SAM_LOGON.
[2002/03/29 09:37:14. 0] rpc_server/srv_pipe.c: api_rpcTNP(1204)
 api_rpcTNP: api_netlog_rpc: NET_SAMLOGON failed.

I have no idea what goes wrong here.
Can you please tell me what exactly this error-message means and what I
should do to get the PDC working correctly again ?

Stephan