[Samba] Samba 2.2.3a + NT4 + Long share names

Stout, Brandon brandon.stout at medtronic.com
Wed Apr 3 13:30:06 GMT 2002

I'm sure this has been discussed many times over, but I am new to this mailing list and I couldn't find any information on Google.

I have Samba 2.2.3a running on Solaris 7.  I have many share names over 11 characters on this server.  Windows 2000 clients can access the long share names just fine.  The NT 4 clients choke on any share name over 11 characters.

I'm sure this is already known, but can someone provide more information on the cause of this and if there is a work-around, or this will be fixed in 2.2.4 or 3.0?

Thanks, Brandon