[Samba] User problems with Samba 2.2.3

Peter Erickson redlamb at redlamb.net
Wed Apr 3 13:21:03 GMT 2002

I have a problem that im not too sure if its a samba issue or something else. I am in the process of converting my Win2k server to a samba server. The restrictions on the machines here are really lose and we allow the users to install onto their machines... the only thing that they arent allowed to do is any of the the admin type things, such as adding users, etc. My problem is that none of the normal users (ones that arent listed in the domain admin group) are able to install anything or change other things. I thought that it might have to do with NT groups, but by everything that I have seen, Samba 2.2.3 doesnt really have NT groups. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.