[Samba] Problem: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME

Stefan Arbeiter stefan.arbeiter at student.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Apr 3 07:25:07 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I seem to have a problem here with Samba-2.2.3a on Linux (2.2.17):

Any request for a browse (or shares) list is answered by the
samba server with "NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME" - the log
gives no more clues about the cause of this message.
(for example when using smbclient -L hostname)

Does not seem to be related to options in the smb.conf,
as it happens with even the most basic smb.conf.

Sharing directories works flawless. (Win98 Clients)

What I did was adding a printer to /etc/printcap (I'm using lprng) -
everything else (networking etc.) seems to work fine on the host machine.

Any input would greatly be appreciated!
Thanks
stefan

--
Life is black. To make it sweet, add sugar and milk.