[Samba] drive mapping problem

Brian Beaver beaverb at nexus.dmsc.k12.ar.us
Wed Apr 3 02:33:05 GMT 2002

I'm having a problem with a samba setup on a RedHat 7.2 (Samba 2.2.1a-4)
and a number of old Win95 clients (upgraded from Win3.1).  The machine
login just fine, but the logon.bat drive mappings aren't there.  I can
manually map the drives (no problem there) but the teacher in the
classroom wants drive F: mapped to each individual student's home
directory, without having to go through the Win95 drive mapping setup
every class period.

What am I doing wrong here?  Here's the smb.conf file and the logon.bat
file -

# smb.conf
[global]
        smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
;       domain master = yes
        domain logons = yes
        printing = lprng
        dns proxy = no
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        max log size = 0
        logon script = logon.bat
        logon path = \\wxxxx\%U
        security = user
        server string =  Business Lab  Server
        workgroup = Wxxxxlab
        local master = yes
        netbios name = wxxxx
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        load printers = yes
        os level = 34
;       domain logons = yes

[homes]
        writable = yes
        valid users = %S
        browseable = no
        comment = Home Directories
        create mode = 0664
        directory mode = 0775
[netlogon]
        path = /export/samba/logon
        browseable = no
        comment = Logon Scripts Win95

[data]
        path = /export/samba/data
        writable = yes
        comment = Temporary file server space

[software]
        path = /export/samba/install
        comment = Software for installation on Win9x

[template]
        path = /export/samba/template

and the logon.bat file contains the commands:

## Network Drive Mappings for Wxxxx Samba Server
## echo Mapping Network Drives to Samba Server Wxxxx

net use f: \\wxxxx\home\%U
net use t: \\wxxxx\templates

Brian Beaver
DMEC