[Samba] Samba corruption & unable to mount

Vijendra Agarwal mail_listin at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 2 20:50:04 GMT 2002

Hi

I installed samba 2.2.3a  on RH Linux 7.2. I made RPM
from the source code and installed it.In the Readme
file of  RH Linux 7.2 it is mentioned that Samba
2.2.3a is corrupted for RH Linux 7.2.

I just want to know whether Samba 2.2.3a is still
corrupted on RH Linux 7.2 or the bugs have been taken
care of.

I installed Samba 2.2.3a a week ago.

Also I'am unable to mount the NT share on Linux.

The command is as follows : -

mount -t smbfs -o username=xyz,password=abc
//machine_name/share /mnt/c

It gives me this error
"smbmnt failed to find file or directory "

It was working properly on Samba 2.2.1a.
Is this the problem with the corruption of Samba or
anything else.

Please reply me as early as possible.

Regards
Aadil