[Samba] WINS Clutter

Eirik Thorsnes Eirik.Thorsnes at fys.uib.no
Tue Apr 2 13:00:03 GMT 2002

You give the node type to the dhcp clients with:

option netbios-node-type        8;

in dhcpd.conf
You find the node type info on the client by running
winipcfg on win9x (and perhaps with ipconfig in NT/2k)

These wins registrations - and regular netbios browse lists - tends
to hang around for quite some time after they are removed.

Eirik Thorsnes