[Samba] encrypted passwords?

Brian Whitehead bwhitehd at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 2 09:42:03 GMT 2002

What patches/service packs are installed on the Win95 machines?  Which
version of Win95? (original, OSR1, OSR3)

The plain text passwords used to be a problem, but that was fixed.  I don't
recall which Win95 patch fixed it though.  I do know that there are about 12
patches for Win95, some are not publicly released.  I wrote a roll-up
program for a university I used to work at.  Unfortunately, I can not share
it because it contains some of those non-public patches from Microshaft.
Anyway, check the following site to give you an idea of what patches you
should have installed on the Win95 clients.
http://www.walbeehm.com/win95upd.html

--
Brian