[Samba] sharing network drives

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Tue Apr 2 08:56:02 GMT 2002

that's really a windows question
not a samba question...
I imagine that you would serve up the share on the samba box as usual
(see the howto collection)
then map a drive to that share on the NT
finally creating a new share of the mapped drive on the NT.

this strikes me as a "bad idea"
because you are using bandwidth on 3 switch ports
instead of two and you introduce latency of the NT proxy

i think you should just put more storage on the NT
or actually switch to samba.

brad