[Samba] samba printer on FreeBSD not accessible to NT

chip.wiegand at simrad.com chip.wiegand at simrad.com
Tue Apr 2 08:31:03 GMT 2002

I have FreeBSD 4.5 and samba working fine, and a hp 952c, attached via
parallel
port on the FreeBSD box, working fine, on the FreeBSD box.
My smb.conf is set up to share the hp printer, as follows -
[global]
workgroup = SIMDOM
server string = Chip's second PC
log file = /var/log/log.%m
max log size = 50
security = domain
password server = simrad_1, simrad_2
encrypt passwords = yes
path = /
wins server = 157.237.65.101
null passwords = yes
remote announce = 157.237.65.255
default = Chip's second PC
dns proxy = no
protocol = NT1
netbios name = cwiegand2
name resolve order = wins lmhosts bcast
load printers = yes
printcap = /etc/printcap
guest account = chip
print command = lpr -r -P%p %s
printing = bsd
[printers]
comment = HP 952C
path = /var/spool/samba
browseable = no
guest ok = yes
writeable = no
printable = yes
print ok = yes
public = yes
Now, I know I don't need all of that stuff, I was just trying everything I
could to get this to
work. I used apsfilter to set up the printer initially, and it prints fine
from fbsd apps. When
I set up NT to print to it I get Access Denied, Unable to Connect when I
click on the print
device icon. Do I need to change the permissions somewhere, on the fbsd
box? (I am
able to map a drive from the nt box to the fbsd box and copy and write
files to the bsd box
from the nt box.)
--
Chip Wiegand
Computer Services
chip.wiegand at simrad.com

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
     --Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment
Corporation, 1977
 (They why do I have 7? Somebody help me!)