[Samba] Samba printing problem

Mlmn kr mailmankrsingh at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 2 07:15:06 GMT 2002

We are using samba 2.2.2 to access unix print servers
on windows 2000. The printers get installed on the
windows 2000 and works fine but it uses the printer
drivers installed locally.
If we are able to create
smb share for the printer drivers on samba server
then we do not have to install printers on windows
and we can directly use by mapping them and using
the printer drivers from samba server.

However, even on creating the samba share for the
drivers, the printers on windows 2000 still use
the local drivers from C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers
and not the drivers from samba server.

Chapter 6 on printing of the Samba-HOWTO-Collection
for 2.2.x discusses the print driver installation but
is
this documentation only for Windows NT. Because, we
have not been able to use this documentaion to be
able to create samba share for printer drivers
to be used on Windows 2000.

Any suggestion in this regard is highly welcome.

Thanks