[Samba] filename problem with 2.2.2

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Mon Apr 1 21:07:03 GMT 2002

Hello!

We run 2.2.2 PDC on RedHat 6.2 with kernel 2.4.7-xfs.
I just edited file named workload_analysis.txt in notepad, win98se.
When I wanted to save it, notepad wanted to save it as
WORKL~UX.TX, I saved in with right name  workload_analysis.txt .
But then when I wanted to open this file (workload_analysis.txt )
from windows commander windows said me that I have no permissions
to WORKL~UX.TXT !
I killed my smbd process and all become OK.

Looks like something is wrong in samba code :-(