[Samba] Extra Pages appear when printing documents

Kevin Bramblett kbramblett at dssresearch.com
Mon Apr 1 14:56:03 GMT 2002

I am trying to setup a Xerox Document Centre 440 and am using Samba to
provide the printer shares with a mixed network of Windows clients (Win
9x/NT/W2K).  I keep getting two extra pages, one in front and one in back of
my document.  The first page says this:

%%[ ProductName: AFPL Ghostscript ]%%

and the back page says this:

%%[ LastPage ]%%

I am using the ljet4 driver which printconf says works with the above
printer.  I am also using Ghostscript 7.04-1 which I upgraded from an
earlier version.  I am running RedHat Linux 7.2.

What can I do to fix this problem?  The document in the middle of those
sheets looks great.

Thanks for your help.
Kevin