Windows 98 View->Details Problem

Aaron Berk berk at macquarium.com
Sun Sep 30 12:07:06 GMT 2001

We have just updated our Samba running under IRIX 6.5 to 2.2.1a.  After
upgrading we had a problem where our Windows 98 clients were able to
connect to the Samba shares, but were not able to see any files.  We
commented out the line "nt smb support = No" from the smb.conf file to
fix this problem.  After doing so, we are able to see files just fine in
every view except the "details" view.  When viewing by details, we get a
window that is completely blank.  Every other view, by Icon, List, etc.
work just fine.