logon script trouble (net use lpt)

Tomas Potok potok at kopernik.cc.fmph.uniba.sk
Sat Sep 29 17:14:02 GMT 2001

Hello, I encountered a problem while I tried to get domain logons with logon
scripts to work.
It occurs on Win98SE only, as far as my tests.

Domain logon is ok, but sometimes while executing the logon script windows is
unable to redirect
LPT ports to a print share using:

net use lpt1: \\samba\printer

I get:

"Share name was not found on the network. retry/abort" (a translation from
slovak language)

when I hit abort, I get the message

"The command completed successfuly" and the LPT port gets redirected!!

Hitting retry repeats the error msg.

The same sometimes occurs even when trying:

net use lpt1: /DELETE

This doesn't occur on WIN98.

Any ideas?

Thanx Tomas

--
I have been infected, too.
Hi! I'm a .signature virus, copy me to your .signature to help me spread.