NT Domain Authentication

North, Wesley J wesley.north at baesystems.com
Fri Sep 28 15:09:02 GMT 2001

Hello all,

I have the following config variables set:

workgroup = domain name
security = server
password server = primary domain controller
netbios name = samba server

Only problem is what happens if my primary domain controller goes down?
Samba stops authenticating right? So one of my pals told me to try and set
security to DOMAIN and the password server to the domain name. I tried this
and no one was allowed to authenticate. Is there a way for samba to
authenticate against a domain, without having to specify a particular
server? This way if one goes down and another comes up, Samba's only
affected temporarily?

-Wes