CD-ROM Emulation [probably off-topic]

Kourosh Ghassemieh kourosh at loop.com
Fri Sep 28 11:42:36 GMT 2001

One thing you may want to consider is that some programs
record the installation location in a configuration file.  That
means that if you installed from your local cd-rom drive which
is drive D:, that is recorded in a config file and on startup the
program will look for a disk in that drive.  You can get around
this by copying the cd to your share and doing the install
from there.  That way it will always look to that share when it
starts.  Note that this only works for some programs.

Regards.