Winbindd keeps dying

Michels, Gustavo [EES/BR] gustavo.michels at emersonenergy.com
Fri Sep 28 09:38:03 GMT 2001

Hello people,

My current problem is that winbindd keeps dying withou apparent reason or
frequency. Sometimes I go home at the end of the day, then when I come back
in the morning I notice winbindd is not running anymore (smbd and nmbd are
still running). But this is not everyday (not regular).

I know it should be difficult to trace the reason, so I prefer using a
process monitoring solution to watch over winbindd. Does anyone know a good
and reliable process monitor to use with Samba's winbindd process?

cheers
Gustavo