Windows2000

Paul Blackaller Paul.Blackaller at lfs.co.uk
Fri Sep 28 03:55:02 GMT 2001

All

I've installed samba 2.2.1a on a Solaris 2.8 server & it works fine
connecting from the local NT4 domain we have. However I am trying to give
access to users on a remote Windows 2000 domain.  It seems they can connect
OK by specifically connecting to the IP address, but the server refuses to
advertise itself on their local network. Users on the remote domain can ping
the server & telnet to the server, but it doesn't show up in their network
neighbourhood.

This problem isn't a showstopper, but I wonder why the problem exists.  Is
there some change I can make in smb.conf to fix it, or some change they need
to make on the remote network?

All suggestions appreciated.

Paul Blackaller
Technical Analyst