Logon Script / Mangling Problems

Mark Montazer mdmontazer at confluencewatersports.com
Thu Sep 27 10:16:21 GMT 2001

Good afternoon folks, I'm hitting a brick wall in trying to discover the
source of a problem.  The problem is this, an odd few computers(running
Win98SE), are not able to access their logon scripts on the domain
controller.  I've isolated it to this, the afflicted computers are not able
to execute logon scripts where the filename has to be mangled by samba.  I'm
sure it's isolated to the particular machines, because I can execute the
same logon script on a freshly installed Win98SE machine, without fail.

Now, aside from reinstalling Windows on each of these PC's, is their any
Windows modifications that could be made to alleviate this situation?

Thanks in advance,
Mark Montazer

Sample Output from the NT Logon Script window, the logon script is
rmpeerson.bat:

Access denied  - RMPEE~#U.BAT

Access denied  - H:\RMPEE~#U.BAT
Access denied  - H:\RMPEE~#U.BAT