include ...%G... problem in Samba 2.2.1a

Heiko Wundram heikowu at ceosg.de
Thu Sep 27 03:17:02 GMT 2001

On Wednesday 26 September 2001 15:42, Gerald Carter wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Heiko Wundram wrote:
> > Allright, got that, but %G still doesn't/won't work. I used another
> > approach now, but that approach too fails miserably, as I tried to set
> > up the following:
> >
> > [homes]
> > path = /home/%G/%U
>
> Have you tried /home/%g/%U?  I don't have time I spend on
> this immediately, but will put it on my list of bugs....

Cool to know someone cares... :) I'll try the other part today, maybe that'll
work...

And btw.: Is there a rule whether Windows 98 gets it's browselist as
anonymous or as the real user? I have seen different results on my
workstations; all are Windows 98 2nd edition, but some get the browselist as
the logged on user right away, and others don't, you always have to open a
share on those first...

?!

--
Yours sincerely,