Winbind slowing down entire system

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Wed Sep 26 06:43:05 GMT 2001

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, DICKENS,CARY (HP-Loveland,ex2) wrote:

> I have had the same trouble.  I traced it to login getting group
> information.  When trying to find out what groups a user belongs to, login
> gets a list of _all_ the groups the system is aware of.  On a domain with
> 12000 users and 14000 groups, it was taking 1 minute or more to come back

Yup this would be a problem.  winbindd views all domain groups to
see which ones the user is a member of IIRC.

Tim, am I wrong?  Need to check the code.  We should probably
cache domain groups more.  Since a RID cannot be reused under NT
this is not a problem.  What do you think?

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org