Microsoft Office file open/save problem

Patrik Carlsson pc at hig.se
Wed Sep 26 02:35:13 GMT 2001

I had a similar problem where I couldn't open or save
Office-files from a share that had the disk NFS-mounted from another
server.

The answer I got and it worked for me, was to turn of locking.
put locking = No in your smb.conf.

What I did earlier where was to turn off everything with oplocks
to get samba to work nice under Solaris.

With Regards
Patrik

Patrik Carlsson			Högskolan i Gävle
Driftsansvarig, IT-enheten	Kungsbäcksvägen 47
026-64 85 00, 070-329 88 25	801 76 Gävle
Patrik.Carlsson at hig.se