PLEASE HELP ME!!

Mark Montazer mdmontazer at confluencewatersports.com
Tue Sep 25 11:25:03 GMT 2001

1) Are you saying that when opening the file on a Unix machine you see the
^M?
2) Do you need to use this file on the Unix machine, or will it be
exclusively used on a Windows platform, but stored on a Unix platform?

MS-DOS based systems(Win 95/Win 98/Win ME/Win NT/Win 2K/Win XP), will always
represent the End Of Line with the characters, 0x0d and 0x0a, whereas Unix
based use only the 0x0d character (correct me if I'm wrong, been a while
since I've used the hex portion of my brain).

If it is your intention to use a text file created in Windows on a
Unix-based system, you must do 1 of 2 things, either save the file in a Unix
compatible format, with a text processor like
TextPad(http://www.textpad.com/), or convert the file to it's Unix
equivelant with a Unix utility like
dos2unix(http://www.megaloman.com/~hany/software/hd2u/).

Thanks,