Sharing problems

Ravishankar S. (VODC) - CTD, Chennai. ravi_s at ctd.hcltech.com
Mon Sep 24 23:47:02 GMT 2001

Hi,

       I have a problem, kindly help me.   I had installed Samba 2.0.7 in a
Solaris 8 server in a windows NT worgroup setup and in the smb.conf file had
shared individually all the folders.  It was working fine.  Now we have
converted out NT systems to Domain setup.  Now I tried to point samba
validations to the NT PDC.  It was not working properly.  Then I totally
uninstalled, deleted all the folders and reinstalled samba.  Now I removed
all the individual shares and shared the Home folder.  And I configured for
NT Domain validation.  Now it is working correctly.

       The problem is when we open the system in Network Neighborhood it is
showing 2 shares with different names (but pointing to the same folder)
whereas I have specified only one share in the smb.conf file.  Can anyone
tell me from where it is taking the other share details.  I tested the
smb.conf file with testparm command and it is specifying only the share that
is in the smb.conf file.

       I would be very thankful if helped.

Regards,
Ravi.

Disclaimer:
This document is intended for transmission to the named recipient only.  If
you are not that person, you should note that legal rights reside in this
document and you are not authorized to access, read, disclose, copy, use or
otherwise deal with it and any such actions are prohibited and may be
unlawful. The views expressed in this document are not necessarily those of
HCL Technologies Ltd. Notice is hereby given that no representation,
contract or other binding obligation shall be created by this e-mail, which
must be interpreted accordingly. Any representations, contractual rights or
obligations shall be separately communicated in writing and signed in the
original by a duly authorized officer of the relevant company.