list of users logged on

Michael L Torrie torriem at cs.byu.edu
Mon Sep 24 18:51:05 GMT 2001

Yes but it doesn't do a good job if you're trying to audit things like
when people logged in and for how long.  smbstatus gives you simple a
picture of who's logged in at a certain time based on file usage.  I've
found a somewhat better way to to recompile samba 2.2 with --with-utmp
option.  (I usually just modify the redhat rawhide 2.2 src.rpm spec file.)
This allows you to use 'who' and 'last' to get a list of current logins,
as well as login history.

Michael