win2k and Samba

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Mon Sep 24 15:56:25 GMT 2001

You should read the book.
This works for me, but I have a trusted internal network:

[global]
        netbios name = JHAMMER6
        server string = Samba %v Your Server
        security = SHARE <-----------------Note
        log level = 1
        max log size = 50
        guest account = ftp   <--------You will need this
        read only = No      <--- Not sure what this does but use it
        guest ok = Yes    <-----------The important item for security
        hosts allow = 192.168. 127.  <---You can restrict hosts here
        veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/ <--------worm files
        veto files = /*.{*}/     <---Worm files
[public]
        comment = Root directory