Winbind slowing down entire system

Michels, Gustavo [EES/BR] gustavo.michels at emersonenergy.com
Mon Sep 24 12:03:20 GMT 2001

Hi, :-)

Taking winbind out of the group line in nsswitch.conf really wiped away the
pause while I was telnetting in. But the problem is I need domain groups
because my share's security are set by domain group membership.

So, I must find other solution... :-( This is really strange as last friday
my server wasn't like this, only with this new cvs sources this slowdown
started. Actually, the telnet delay was present (although there wasn't a
delay, let's say, with 2 weeks ago sources), but winbind wasn't eating up
the whole system resources.

Thanks for the help, anyway.

cheers
Gustavo