Strange problem

Stacy Wilson stacy at wagcorp.com
Mon Sep 24 10:05:02 GMT 2001

I have a network consisting of a Win NT4 server with 15 Win 98 workstations.
I just installed a Linux-Mandrake box to use as a E-Mail/Web server.  I have
several printers connected to the Win98 workstations that are shared within
our network.  Samba is installed and working great.  My problem is that when
I have samba running no one can print to the shared printers on the Win 98
boxes.  I get the error message "There was an error writing to
\\workstation4\hp for printer (HP Laserjet 5MP): There was a problem
printing to the printer due to an unknown system error.  Restart Windows,
and then try printing again.  This printer will be set to work offline.  To
save your print job in the local printer queue, click OK"  If I click OK I
can go to the printer status window and see the job and if I keep
un-checking the "Use Printer Offline" option in the printer menu, the job
will eventually go through and print.  I have the same problem with all 5
printers and from any workstation.  If I stop Samba the problem goes away.

Here is the global section of my smb.conf:

[global]
	workgroup = WAG CORPORATION
	netbios name = TUX
	bind interfaces only = Yes