network problem

Jesse Vaughan jrv116 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 24 06:51:03 GMT 2001

I'm having a problem with the clients on my samba network.. When I go to network neighborhood,some of them see my server and all the other clients fine.. Some of the dont see any machines including themselves and some of them see a list of 5 or 6 machines (out of 30) but not the server, just other clients..

Anyone know what would cause this ? or how to fix it??

here's my network..

about 15 Win 98 SR1 and 2 machines
about 10 Win 95 machines
about 10 win 2k macines
1 samba server - linux mandrake 8 with samba 2.2.0

I'm assuming it's not a problem with my smb.conf file so i havent attached the file.. if anyone wants it just email me and I'll mail it to you..

any help would be appreciated..

Jesse Vaughan