Win 2000 Compatability issues

deema at online.ac.uk deema at online.ac.uk
Mon Sep 24 06:50:04 GMT 2001

any replies please send to
paulw at online.ac.uk

I am running susi linux 6.4 with the standard version of samba ( no
upgrade) I can't upgrade it at the moment as the data is to crucial
to the rest of the network. From a windows 2000 machine no
matter what i log in as the message " the account is not authorised
to log you in from this station " appeares. No matter what i try i
can't get it to work. please could you confirm wather or not an
upgrade  to the latest samba will fix this. also i seem to remember
something about plain text passwords runing on samba.

Yours Hopefully
Matthew Mayo

any replies please send to
paulw at online.ac.uk