ctrl + m in files

Gautama, Pankaj pankaj.gautama at eds.com
Mon Sep 24 05:49:02 GMT 2001

Hi,

I have just set up samba v 2.0.0 on solaris, sharing to Win2k, win98
clients. All shares work fine, but users have come up with a problem.

If a file (ASCII text) is created on the windows client on the share, when
read on the solaris system, ctrlM (^M) characters appear in place of the
carriage returns.

How can I prevent carriage return from being replaced by ctrlM (^M).

I reckon this is resolved somewhere in the archive, but thought I'd raise
this problem whilst I wait for it to be downloaded.

Thanks for any help,

Pankaj Gautama