ACL Question

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Sun Sep 23 19:16:02 GMT 2001

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Michels, Gustavo [EES/BR] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While running configure --with-acl-support, I get this result:
>
> checking whether to support ACLs... checking for acl_get_file in -lacl...
> yes
> checking for ACL support... yes
> Using posix ACLs
> checking for acl_get_perm_np... no
>
> It looks ok and ACLs are working, but I wast just wondering what
> acl_get_perm_np could be. Anyone know?

Quick look at the source(lib/sysacls.c) shows:

int sys_acl_get_perm( SMB_ACL_PERMSET_T permset, SMB_ACL_PERM_T perm)
{
#if defined(HAVE_ACL_GET_PERM_NP)
        /*
         * Required for TrustedBSD-based ACL implementations where
         * non-POSIX.1e functions are denoted by a _np (non-portable)
         * suffix.
         */
        return acl_get_perm_np(permset, perm);
#else
        return acl_get_perm(permset, perm);
#endif
}

Basically it looks to me like acl_get_perm_np is the TrustedBSD only way
to get the ACL's of a resource.

HTH

Yours Tony.

/*