change password on windows

Sean Elble S_Elble at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 23 11:33:03 GMT 2001

Stephan,

Have you checked the passwd program and passwd chat parameters in smb.conf?
They have to be configured on a per-platform basis, as Samba uses the native
passwd program to change user programs. For example, on my Red Hat Linux 6.1
system, the line reads as follows:

        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *Retype*new*UNIX*password*
%n\n *success*

I suffered from the same problem you are until I realized I needed to
configure these parameters. Hope that helps.

Sean P. Elble
Editor, Writer, Co-Webmaster
MaximumLinux.org
http://www.maximumlinux.org/