ext2 + quotas

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Sep 21 13:54:05 GMT 2001

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 09:43:45PM +0100, Michels, Gustavo [EES/BR] wrote:
> I've been doing some more testing, maybe helpful for you...
>
> Quotas on the filesystem were fine (vfsv0) but, I don't know why, suddenly I
> was having some troubles with the vfsv0 quota system. Quotacheck was
> creating aquota.user and quotaon was looking for quota.user. So, I ran
> quotacheck -F vfsold so quotaon would find the file it needed. Ok, now quota
> was working and samba was reporting the correct user's free quota, the way
> it should. With vfsv0, it wasn't reporting correctly.

I'm doing some investigating, and quotas seem to have been totally
buggered up in kernel 2.4 - there are two different quota representations,
one used in Alan Cox kernel (as shipped with RH7.1) and one used in the
Linus kernel 2.4.x. I'm working on sorting out the mess by hacking Samba..... :-(.

Jeremy